Sex, Love, & Power: Rethinking Couples Therapy
Five Session Teleclass
with Esther Perel and Tammy Nelson
March 13, 20, April 3, 10, 24, 2012
2-3 pm EST
This program is approved for 5 CE credits through both AASECT and Imago. These CE credits may be applied toward certification and renewal of certification.
Esther Perel and Tammy Nelson take the conversation about sex, love and power to a new level once again. The Spring 2012 teleseminar led by two of the forerunners in the field of sexuality and human relationships tackles some of the most difficult topics surrounding sexuality and partnerships and introduces break-through ideas, new skills and cutting edge interventions.
- Week 1- Sex and Love: We will explore what creates desire and rejection.
- Week 2- Sex and Attachment: Power and differentiation in the desire discrepancy cycle.
- Week 3- Sex and Therapy: Couples therapy with individuals and other challenges to traditional treatment.
- Week 4- Sex and Power: Engage couples in the exploration of control - in and out of bed.
- Week 5- Sex and Aging: Beyond menopause and andropause; learn how erotic age is different than real age.
This applied clinical course includes didactic material, which draws from psychoanalytic and attachment theory, systemic and IMAGO therapy. Using case examples and experiential exercises, it addresses couples from all sexual orientations.
Recognized as one of the world's most original and insightful voices on erotic intelligence, Esther Perel, LMFT, is the author of the international best-seller, Mating in Captivity. Fluent in nine languages, she is a master trainer, lecturer and workshop leader invited around the globe for her expertise ranging from couples therapy and intermarriage to culture and sexuality. Esther holds an active psychotherapy practice in New York City. www.estherperel.com
Tammy Nelson, PhD, LPC, is a Certified Sexologist, a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Certified Imago Therapist and the author of Getting the Sex You Want: Shed Your Inhibitions and Reach New Heights of Passion Together, and the upcoming The New Monogamy: Redefining Your Relationship After Infidelity, and lectures and trains internationally on sex and relationships. www.TammyNelson.org